Thursday, February 23, 2012



Day 26: Banana Success!

Jaw Pain- 5/10
Headache- 6/10

Before and after.
Wow, it’s already day 26. I can’t believe it’s been almost a month since I have had surgery. I am still not chewing. I am trying to add more to my diet because I am getting tired of chicken broth and smoothies. I got chocolate malt and vanilla Carnation Instant breakfast.  My mom has been putting them in my milkshakes. The vanilla tastes wonderful in a smoothie. So I am getting a little more food in me.
I slept in a recliner all weekend and my headaches didn’t go away, probably because I still end up sleeping on my side or flat. I also think I need a chiropractor. My back is killing me from sleeping like this. (The sleep I do get)
On a good note, I ate a banana! Not a full one of course. But I was making a smoothie and I took a piece of it and put it in my mouth. It was very exciting! I know a banana isn’t much. But today a banana, tomorrow a turkey sandwich!
My weekend consisted of relaxing and eating. I still managed to loose two more pounds. But I watched a really good movie! It was called Abduction. Before you make any judgments, I did not watch it because of Taylor Lautner. The previews were actually really intriguing.
           The picture I posted today is a before and after shot. The image to the right is what I looked like before these surgeries. The image on the left is what I look like now. That’s after 2.5 years of braces and 2 surgeries. Do you think my bite was messed up now? Notice how narrow my bite was. And look at my chin.
            I also learned something today. You know when you drink soda you get that weird feeling in your nose? Well, that feeling is VERY painful if you just had major surgery up there. I totally forgot that my surgeon had to go up in my sinus cavities when I took a sip of Pepsi. That’s when that feeling hit me. I will NEVER do that again. Lesson learned. So anyone who is considering getting this done, learn from all everyone's mistakes in these blogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment