Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 22: Granny's House

Headache- 6/10
Jaw Pain- 5/10

I know it's hard to see but I am
wearing cool green elastics!
         As you can read, I am at my Granny's house this weekend! I am very close with my grandparents. Granny went shopping for soup, smoothies, applesauce, yogurt, and extremely soft snacks. She wants me to eat all weekend. Oh, she also got me vanilla flavored Carnation Breakfasts. I have been drinking the chocolate flavor for 3 weeks. A change is really nice.
        I have been taking it very easy. I'm not moving my jaw as much and not overdoing anything. My surgeon had to remind me that I am only 3 weeks post op. And my insicions and what not are still very raw. I shouldn't start really pushing myself until after 6 weeks. I am beginning to get use to the pain from these elastics. My othrodontist said that these elastics will make my back teeth touch. I already feel a difference. My teeth are starting to touch more on my right side than my left. It's a different feeling every day. Yesterday I was very comfortable. My braces for rubbing against my cheek. Good thing I have wax. It feels much better today.
         I am hungry and I am unsure about what I want. I really want PB&J. Now, can I make that in smoothie form???
        I had chicken pot pie for dinner tonight. I mached it. And couldnt eat the ckicken or the carrots in it. But it was still very delicious.
        On Thursday I had to take an ear training test which required singing. Talking isnt much of a problem anymore. It hurts to sing. I learned that you use different muscles in your face to sing than you do to talk. Luckily, my professor understood and let me do the singing part of the test after class when everyone left. I think I did very well on my test.

No comments:

Post a Comment