Thursday, February 2, 2012

day 0


Day 0

Don't I look thrilled? 
I arrived to the hospital at 9:30AM and my surgery was at 11:30AM. A nurse called me back. She checked my weight, and then sent me room 3. That’s where she gave me my oh so fashionable gown and comfy socks! After I got dressed she put in my IV. Once the IV was in I got to watch some television. The only thing on was the news and Jerry Springer. I think the hospital should get Disney Channel. It will make everyone’s life easier.
             The Operating room was running behind. So I just played some Temple Run on my phone. Still can’t reach a million. My anesthesiologist walks in. Explains what he is doing and asks if anything has changed from the last surgery. Lucky for me, I now have asthma! So something has changed for me. Then my surgeon comes in. He looks at me and says it’s my turn to get better and assures me that everything was going to be okay.
            Finally, I get wheeled up to my operating room. I was terrified. It was like being on a roller coaster. You know, you slowly go up that big hill, and it just gets colder. I’m finally in my operating room. I see a team full of doctors. I couldn’t even look at them. They move me next to that awesome table. And make my move on it. I lay down and my whole body starts to shake. They just keep putting hot blankets on me. My surgeon walks over and tells me it’s going to be okay. And he introduced me to his assistant surgeon. Shows him my bite and explains what he wants to do. I see my anesthesiologist and he puts that mask on me. My surgeon held my hand and said it’s going to be okay.
            My surgery took longer then it should have. Apparently I have really dense bones. My surgeon wanted to use dynamite. I woke up in the recovery room with a 104 degree fever. I don’t remember much. But I remember seeing my surgeon and just holding his hand. I felt terrible. 


This is what I looked like several hours after surgery.



No comments:

Post a Comment