Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 2: Disney Channel 


Pain- 8/10
Holy lips!!!

It feels so much better being home than being in that hospital bed. I do miss that revolting yet useful spit sucker machine. I also miss the humidifier. I am having a lot of trouble breathing. My surgeon said I should work on opening my mouth. I can’t even fit a finger in my mouth yet. I hope I can soon. I do not like taking medicine through a syringe. It is gross.
I am really bored and I feel lazy. I keep telling myself that it’s okay because I just had major surgery. I am the kind of person that keeps going. I always have to be busy. I am just sitting here watching my Disney Channel. It’s early, so the only thing on is Mickey Mouse Club House. That’s not too bad. Everyone loves Mickey!
Mom made me a yummy smoothie. And dad made me really thin cream of wheat. I took my meds. And then I fell asleep again. I slept most of the day. It seems easier. The pain is better when I sleep.
All my siblings are home from school now. I can’t tell you how many times they have asked if I needed anything. I kept saying no, unless I needed more ice. The hospital gave us a bunch of ice bags. We tied them together and put a towel behind them. So the ice hits directly where it hurts. The ice is really helping!
For dinner I had soup. My mom’s friend made me soup. But she made them in ice cube form. Awesome right?! Yeah I hurt. But I’m not going to complain too much about. My main complaint is that my dad my steak for dinner. And it smells delicious!
I would like to thank my whole family for being there for me while I am under the weather here. I truly appreciate it. As they said in Dolphin Tale, my favorite movie, “Family is forever”.  

No comments:

Post a Comment