Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 19: Graduation day


 
Day 19: Graduation Day  

 
 
Headache- 7/10
Jaw pain- 5/10

 
This is 2 nights ago. I didn't
have time to take a picture this
morning since I am at school.
I saw my surgeon yesterday! He said my bite is looking great and I am really coming along. He gave me the okay to do VERY lightly chewing again. His example was really tender chicken off the bone. And I am now wearing elastics in the shape of triangles in the very front of my mouth. Boy, do they hurt. I can’t really open my mouth with them in. And it is rubbing on a sore on my lip. So that looks wonderful right now. It was a good appointment.  I graduated from weekly appointments. Now I get to start going every 2-3 weeks.
After I got home from my appointment I tried to eat some tender chicken. It didn’t work out. Since my back teeth don’t touch, I couldn’t chew it. And the Elastics make the front of my mouth very sore. My dad stepped in and shredded up the chicken for me. I switched to spaghetti-os after that.  
I finally slept good last night thanks to some Melatonin. I had two wonderful dreams! One was me playing at Carnegie Hall again. Then I woke up because my jaw decided to have a spasm. The second one was me going to Australia. I was strange because it wasn’t just me in the dream. It was my whole high school band.
I didn’t eat anything this morning. And I still have this headache. I told my surgeon about the headache. He told me to keep my head up. (Both literally and metaphorically) By lying down I am creating more pressure in my head and sinuses. So it’s going to be another 3 weeks of sitting up while sleeping sitting up.

 
I made a list of goals for this week:

 
  • Up my water intake
  • Create an awesome shake
  • Stay asleep sitting up (Because I keep moving to my side)
  • Add some type of very soft food to my diet

No comments:

Post a Comment