Monday, March 19, 2012


Day 54: Salad Spasm

Jaw pain- 2/10
Headache- 5/10

I thought I would go with the mirror shot. 
I would like to start out by apologizing for not making a post in a while. I have been taking mid-terms and away at my granny's because my grandfather is sick.  
I am eating much better than I was the last time I blogged. Tonight I had tender chicken. I didn’t have too much of a problem with that. I also tried to have salad. By salad I mean 3 pieces of lettuce on my plate with dressing. That was interesting. My teeth still don’t touch and my jaw decided to have a spasm while I was chewing. I am still getting very tired when I chew, but I know that will pass.
I started playing my trombone yesterday! It was quite strange. It was like picking up my horn for the first time. I mentally know what to do. Physically I don’t. Playing my trombone really shows how much my mouth has changed. Before surgery my embrasure was very high and awkward, now it’s a better feeling. I still hear a “double buzz”. But it is nothing like it was before I had all this done. So I guess I am improving!
Things are finally starting to go back to normal. I am happy about that. I am not so happy about my insomnia being back. If anyone has tips on insomnia let me know!
I woke up today and had my piano lesson. It wasn’t my best lesson. I was too tired to think. But my teacher asked to hear me play my trombone. He said my sound is there. But my air is very shaky. I am kind of afraid of playing still. My surgeon assured me that I wouldn’t mess anything up. But still. The fact that bone fusion takes 90 days and I am allowed to play worries me.
There is a close up
of my bite. See how things
are lining up?!
I still have headaches. That Is just because my orthodontist is still moving my bite around. But my jaw pain is almost nonexistent. My jaw only really bothers me when I try to chew. That’s if I have a spasm. I am also back to sleeping on my back! And sneezing is getting les and less painful. Things are finally looking up!
As for my ankle, it is just a very bad sprain. My orthopedic told me that it looks like I fractured it a few years ago and it wasn’t treated for. That doesn’t surprise me. This has been a LONG journey. I have a high tolerance for pain.  Ankle pain is nothing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment